Our Melbourne web design team love everything Melbourne. A few of our Melbourne web design team enjoy a Friday night beer at our local haunt the Rising Sun hotel in South Melbourne. Whilst our client service team can be spotted practicing what they preach, spending and ‘researching’ our thriving Melbourne e-commerce and Melbourne multi channel retailing hot spots, Chadstone and Chapel Street, most weekends.
Our Sydney team call us the Mexicans, but as long as we have Aussie Rules, great food and thriving night spots, it seems our Melbourne web design team are in their element.
We recently polled the Melbourne web design office and came up with ten of our favourite things to do in Melbourne. They are not in order, as on any given day, like most creatives and developers our number one can change.
1. Grabbing lunch or a good tapas meal at one of the famous boutique cafes and restaurants in De Graves Lane. The famous cobblestones and closeness remind us of some of our European haunts and heritage.
2. The Melbourne web design team’s oldie but a goodie entry is watching the Birdman Rally on the banks of the Yarra River, during Moomba. Still some very strong childhood memories and ties it seems to this iconic Melbourne event (Some of the team cannot believe it made the top ten?).
3. Walking the 1000 steps up Mount Dandenong. A perfect way to embrace the start of weekend for some of the web design team. (Run it if you can – go on we dare you!)
4. Visiting Red Hill on the Mornington Penisula. Our client service and Melbourne web design strategist team, in other life would love to own a hobbie winery in this part of Melbourne. If you do visit Red Hill and are looking for some web design inspiration, you must take a wander through the Red Hill Markets. Creative and crafty, these are definitely worth a look.
5. Picnic at Hanging Rock races. Enter yourself in the egg and spoon race with the family and add to the record of two wins out of however many try by the web designers/come races that make up TAOS creative’s Melbourne stable.
6. The Pier to Pub at Lorne, for some reason our Melbourne web design support crew seems to grow each year, without our entrants to the race increasing? It must be the support they give to the team by keeping the seats warm at the Pub waiting for our Melbourne web design athletes to finish!
7. ALF grand final, Spring Racing Carnival and the Australian Tennis Open. Say no more – get a ticket to all three, then you are the envy of the TAOS creative team, AND obviously well connected.
8. Sunshine & St Kilda. Okay the beach does not compete with Sydney . BUT the atmosphere, the festivals and the food in Ackland street, would give any Sydney beach spot including Bronte, Watson’s Bay and Manley, a run for its money.
9. Victorian library, Capitol Theatre, Victorian Art Gallery and the Museum. Worth a visit and an area where some members of the web design team have spent loads of time in their teens and twenties.
10. The Arcades in Melbourne City, Chadstone and Chapel Street. Warning – take the credit card, the shopping is amazing!